Samsung has been pressured to briefly shut down a manufacturing unit that produces the Galaxy Z Flip after an worker examined optimistic for the coronavirus.
The South Korean tech big says the influence of the shut down is anticipated to be minimal, and that the manufacturing unit ought to re-open in just a few days. Nevertheless, that is nonetheless a setback for the corporate, which simply launched the Galaxy Z Flip just a few weeks in the past.
Samsung isn’t the one smartphone producer to take a success from the coronavirus. Apple has stated that it’s not going to satisfy its revenue target for March because of the virus’ influence on manufacturing and demand in China.
Equally, Cell World Congress, which is the cellular trade’s largest convention, was cancelled due to concerns surrounding the coronavirus.
The virus additionally precipitated Fb to name off a advertising and marketing summit in San Francisco, which was anticipated to attract in 4,000 individuals.
The virus, which has contaminated greater than 78,000 individuals worldwide together with 9 in Canada, appears to be persevering with to influence the tech trade in important methods.
More from my site
- Samsung and LG is perhaps engaged on moveable displays for smartphones
- Samsung releases official Galaxy Buds+ iPhone app earlier than launch
- Samsung might launch subsequent Galaxy S flagship both February 11 or 18
- Samsung’s Galaxy Residence Mini good speaker set to launch this yr
- Apple says alternative iPhone provide low at some shops resulting from coronavirus
- What surprises does 2020 maintain for the cellular tech world?